30 December 2020

The quickest way to get warm

Alpaca is one of the finest and most luxurious fibres in the world. It is known for its softness, superior warmth, lightweightedness and durability. It won't form pellets and will last much longer than synthetic fibres. I started to knit with Alpaca wool recently and I did not expect how lovely it could be.


I can just say "here is my design" and that's it. I like to make new hat designs. Only I know how much effort is hidden in these words.

Making swatches, stitch by stitch, washing and drying it to see how fluffy the yarn is, a lot of fibbers had wool-like softness. I patiently waited for about two days letting it dry.
But the lovely dried swatch sometimes isn't suitable for a hat design: it's wider or more narrow than I expected and I can not include four and a half repeats around a head. It needs to be four or five, or six. But six repeats of flower pattern make a hat wider than needed and five repeats make it too narrow... So I probably need to adjust the flower pattern and try to make a new swatch. And wash it, and let it dry again... Anyway, I like the process!

Ok, what can I knit with Alpaca wool? - Winter accessories.
What I know for sure, however, is that they like to keep themselves cosy wherever they go, whether that is skiing (and other outdoor activities) or simply going to their local grocery store. A hat made with Alpaca wool is a brilliant solution for that. And of course, a satin lining is added.

What do my potential customers look like? I think of they gender, age, location, interests and so on. I am sure all these teens, ladies or gents prefer to get warm.
They could easily be from any country worldwide thanks to the wonders of the internet, but they could also be people with Irish roots living abroad.

I go through all steps described above and I produce luxury alpaca handmade hats designed in Ireland. You will find examples of them below.

Welcome to My Etsy store to discover it.
I carry 19-24 inches sizes.



Link for buyers Pink + White beanie
 




Link for buyers Blue & White beanie
Sincerely yours,
Nadia

No comments:

Post a Comment